Hello, everyone, we are left with 1 day to celebrate Ganapathi Festival. I’m excited to see him on this occasion, but I gave myself a task of finding some science behind the Vinayaka Chathurthi. if not science at-least some philosophy behind it.
Lord Ganesha, known as Ekdanta, Vinayaka, Vignaharta, Gajanana Etc. He is the only god with Elephant head. I’m not going to say the story of Ganapathi as most of them know it. let me say few things about 21 sacred leaves/plants used to worship Vinayaka.
21 types of leaves/herbs are used to worship Lord Ganesha during Ganesha Chavithi festival. A health and environmental protentional ideology is involved in the usage of this herbs. these herbs are used in Ayurvedic medicines used for curing numerous diseases. Apart from this they act as a Divine technique of regulatory to contamination of water and food, be it water or air. Ganesh Chaturthi festival happens through a rainy season when the weather is generally not appropriate for healthiness. Individuals grieve from innumerable viral contagions and water borne illnesses during this period.
21 SACRED LEAVES IN GANAPATHI FESTIVAL [Patra Pooja Stotram]
1.Machi pathram (Artmesia Vulgaris) – Om Sumukhaya Namah – Machi Patram Samarpayami।
- These leaves help in cure the nerves related problems, stomach related problems, and headaches.
2.Bruhathi Patram (Solanum Xanthocarpum) – Om Ganadhipayanamah – Bruhathi Patram Samarpayami|
- These fruits are collected for medicinal purposes to treat teeth infections and consumed like a vegetable for medical purposes.
3.Bilva Patram (Aegle marmelos) – Uma Putrayanamah – Bilva Patram Samarpayami|
- Research has found the essential oil of the Bilva tree to be effective against 21 types of bacteria. It is prescribed for the smooth bowel movement to patients suffering from constipation and other gastrointestinal problems.
4.Dhurvayugmam (Aruham pul) – Cynodon dactylon
Om Ganeshayanamah – Durvayugmam Samarpayami|
- It also contains nutrients and minerals. It is also used as pesticide/pest control and also to control the skin diseases.
5.Durthaara(Umathai) – Datura Metel
Om Harasunavenamah- Datthura Patram Samarpayami|
- All parts of Datura plants contain dangerous levels of tropane alkaloids and may be fatal if ingested by humans or other animals, including livestock and pets. In some places, it is prohibited to buy, sell or cultivate Datura plants.
6.Badhari (Ilandai) – ZIZYPHUS JUJUBA
Lambodarayanamah- Badhari Patram Samarpayami|
- It is a very tasty fruit and helps to develop the appetite. And it helps the body to develop immunity towards cuts and bruses.
7.Apaamaarga (Nayuruvi) – Achyranthes aspera
Guhagrajaya namah – Apamarga Patram Samarpayami|
- This possesses medicinal properties and is used in making tooth powder etc. Also, dried stems of this plant are used as Samith or sticks for Sudarshana Homa (fire worship) etc. Stomach pain, indigestion and for a lot of skin eczemas can be cured with these leaves.
8.Tulasi – Ocimum Sanctum
Gaja Karnayanamaha – Tulasi Patram Samarpayami|
- It holds a lot of medicinal properties and easily available. They grow very easily in open lands. This variety of Tulasi is called as Vana Tulasi and open lands with these plants are called as BrundaVanam.
9.Mango – Mangifera indica
Eka Dantayanamah – Choota Patram Samarpayami|
- In places with the tropical climate, this tree could be easily grown. These leaves are tied in the front of the main entrances etc. for all the good functions in Southern India.
10.Karaveera – Nerium Oleander/Indicum
Vikatayanamah – Karaveera Patram Samarpayami|
- The scented flowers bloom in clusters at the end of each branch. The flowers are white, red, yellow and pink. Oleander is one of the most poisonous of commonly grown garden plants.
11.VishnuKrantha – Evolvulus alsinoides
Bhinna Dantayanamah – Vishnu Krantha Patram Samarpayami|
- According to Ayurveda, aparajita is believed to be a Medhya drug which enhances memory and intelligence. In other words, it possesses neuroprotective capabilities. Apart from this, aparajita has also been used to cure bladder and urethra related diseases, bronchitis, ascites and in enlargement of abdominal viscera.
12.Dhadimi(Mathulai) – Punica granatum
Vatavenamah – Dhadimi Patram Samarpayami|
- The seeds of this fruit is high in Iron content and other minerals/ vitamins. The flowers of this plants possess a beautiful fluorescent color and are mentioned in various religious works. The shell or membrane in the fruit is very bitter and is dried and preserved to make a tea for stomach disorders.
13.Devadaru – Cedras Deodara
Sarveswarayanamah – Devadaru Patram Samarpayami|
- It helps reduce the body heat. Also, treats skin diseases and chronic wounds. In addition to that, they produce resins, which can be used in producing aromatic smokes (Dhoopam).
14.Maruvaka – Origanum Marjoram
Phala chandrayanamah – Maruvaka Patram Samarpayami|
- These leaves are used with flowers to make garlands for its aroma. The essential oils are used for joint pains and also as a perfume to reduce the body odor.
15.Sindhuvara (Vavilaku) – Viex Nigundo
Herambhayanamah – Sindhuvara Patram Samarpayami|
- The flowers of this plant help to control Cholera and liver related problems. These leaves used in Ayurvedic Medicine preparations.
16.Jaji (Jaji Malli) – Jasminum Grandiflorum
Surpa Karnayanamah – Jaji Patram Samarpayami|
- It is widely cultivated as an ornamental plant in warm temperate and subtropical regions. These flowers have a strong smell and both the leaves and flowers seem to possess medicinal properties.
17.Gandaki – Solonum Nigrum
Suragrajaayanamah – Gandaki Patram Samarpayami|
- This plant’s leaves are used to treat mouth ulcers that happen during winter periods. It is known asmanathakkali keerai in Tamil Nadu and kaage soppu in Karnataka, and apart from its use as a home remedy for mouth ulcers, is used in cooking like spinach. In Assam, the juice from its roots is used against an asthma and whooping cough.
18.Shamee (Vanni) – Prosopis spicigera
Ibhavaktrayanamah – shamee Patram Samarpayami|
They offered worship to their weapons by bringing them down from the tree top, on the auspicious Vijayadashami day, before leading a battle against Kauravas.
19.Ashwattha – Ficus Religiosa
Vinayakayanamah – Ashwattha Patram Samarpayami|
- Ficus religiosa is used in traditional medicine for about 50 types of disorders including asthma, diabetes, diarrhea, epilepsy, gastric problems and inflammatory disorders, infectious and sexual disorders.
20.Arjuna – Terminalia Arjuna
Sura Sevithayanamah – Arjuna Patram Samarpayami|
- These leaves were introduced into Ayurveda as a treatment for heart disease. It is also used in the treatment of wounds, hemorrhages and ulcers applied topically as a powder. It is also an excellent medicine for Heart, it has the capability to even reduce heart failure.
21.Arka – Calotropis Gigantea
Kapilayanamah – Arka Patram Samarpayami|
- Its latex is applied over the gums to relieve a toothache. To treat cold, keep a leaf on the head and take bath. In Ayurveda, these leaves are used to treat leprosy, paralysis and 64 different diseases.
© Akshay Kumar 
You can Follow Me at : https://twitter.com/akshayphysics
Follow My Page : https://www.facebook.com/melodiesphysics/